We are a technology company whose mission is to create equal access to the data-driven jobs of tomorrow. We believe that data literacy is the most important skill for the future of work. Our
rigorous data skills assessments, data science education platform, and two-sided data talent marketplace are designed to unlock data literacy for individuals and enterprises around the world. Our pioneering Data Science for All programs help to create a more diverse global AI ecosystem.
About the Role
We are looking for someone who has a superior track record of business leadership and execution. This person will be responsible for leading and setting the direction of the Product team, and will have a direct impact on Correlation One’s mission by designing, developing, and iterating on all product initiatives at Correlation One. They will work closely with the company’s leadership across Engineering, Design, Research & Development, Sales & Marketing, and Business Operations, as well as with the product managers on their own team, to ensure delivery of the highest-quality product experience for our customers.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of the end-to-end customer lifecycle, experience in education technology SAAS products, strong deductive and lateral thinking skills, superior
business acumen, and the people leadership skills necessary to drive results both within their own team and across the entire organization.
● Define product strategy aligned with company strategy, and translate product strategy into roadmaps, KPIs, and work with product managers to ensure the vision becomes real
● Manage, mentor, and coach other product managers on the team
● Oversee, review, and contribute to the roadmap and planning cycles of each of the firm’s individual products
● Be heavily involved in client discovery alongside account managers to identify and solution for needs
● Build consensus across cross-functional partners around the final product strategy and vision
Qualifications & Experience
● 7+ years of product management or related experience (e.g. strategy, consulting, product design). Past experience with achieving product-market fit and subsequent scaling are a plus.
● Demonstrated formal or informal experience with managing individual contributors
● Organized and effective communicator
● Strong ability to build relationships and drive alignment with cross-functional stakeholders
● Superior ability at understanding client needs in the ed-tech and hiring markets and navigating client ambiguity through the customer lifecycle
● Strong ability in:
○ Identifying assumptions and logical flaws in lines of reasoning
○ Understanding what data is most important to collect
○ Asking the right questions to gather important information
● Strong ability to scope and sequence the key tasks necessary to accomplish a particular objective
● Systems-oriented thinker
● Passionate about the ed-tech and hiring tech spaces (past experience a plus)
Benefits of Working at Correlation One
● Competitive salary
● Generous equity package + annual refresh grants
● 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year which increases with tenure
● 10 company-paid US holidays
● Official company-wide holiday for the last week of the calendar year (on top of regular PTO)
● Access to free data skills training through our programs
● Be part of a company culture that empowers individuals and embraces diversity through its core mission
This role is remote and can be located anywhere that is compatible with the EST time zone.
The Hiring Process
1. Hiring Manager Resume Review
2. Hiring Manager Interview (45 mins)
3. Virtual On-site interviews (5 hrs)
About Correlation One
Correlation One builds technologies to help countries and businesses elevate their data talent. From rigorous assessments to global data science competitions to applied data science training,
Correlation One has developed an entire platform of technologies to help businesses address their data science talent needs.
Since launching in 2015, we have built an expert community of 250,000+ data scientists and 600+ partnerships with businesses, universities, and data science organizations in the US, UK,
Canada, China, and Latin America.
Check out our LinkedIn page to see what we’ve been up to recently