If you are looking for a job as a product manager or want to succeed as a product manager in a good production company and looking for resources that can help you kill the interview, this blog is for you! COVID hit the world economy very badly, which made several people unemployed. Industries and manufacturing units stopped working due to global lockdowns. We all have been through this situation and don’t want it to come back ever again.
Things are getting normal, and the economy is opening up. Millions of unemployed people are getting good opportunities to kick start their careers all over again. The same is the case with Product Manager Jobs. Production has started all over again, and the market is flooded with Product Manager Jobs. A Wall Street Journal Article related to product management interview questions and a surprising strategy to ace job interviews offered great advice to job seekers.
It mentioned, “Tell the truth; don’t “game the system” with hyped accounts of your successes and clever efforts to hide your weaker points.”
Companies are overwhelmed with resumes; therefore, they seek reasons to reject the candidate. It becomes necessary to put your best feet forward, but candidates’ approach is problematic. When you search for “How To Ace Product Manager Job Interview” on Google, you may find so many pages of information, but they will be advising you more on how to conceal your weak points and mistakes. In reality, this doesn’t help much. Companies are highly selective and quickly reject candidates who seem to be too rehearsed, too perfect, and too inclined to “game the system.”
Be transparent, and don’t you ever try to game the system. Just be real and be yourself. Build trust. Everyone has weak points, and interviewers must know if the candidate is honest about admitting his/her weak points and is likely to work on them to overcome them completely. PALARINO PARTNERS has figured out how to assure transparency from the employer’s perspective. For you to become transparent, all you can do is:
- Imagine The Employer Will Talk To Your Bosses: In the topgrading hiring process, the final hiring process is for the candidates, where they have to arrange reference calls. This will inspire the candidates to maintain transparency while sharing any information with the employer.
- Offer for Reference Calls from Bosses If CompanyDoesn’t Ask You to Do So: If you are a high performer and there is no such rule of the company to arrange Reference calls with bosses, you can offer to arrange those calls. This will prove that you want to be completely transparent. This will enhance the employer’s confidence in you.
- Interview Yourself For Better Preparation: Suppose you will be asked the basic questions about all your jobs in chronicle order. You can practice by interviewing yourself. You can answer by explaining why you took the job, what you did in that job, how you did it, how your boss would rate your performance and why you left that job. Candidates find this practice enlightening. This practice session will help them realize the impression that their answers will make and “clean up” some responses. This should be done not to game the system but to illustrate honesty and self-awareness.
- Prepare For Product Manager Interview By Rehearsing Answers To The Most Commonly Asked Questions During The Interview: Not all interviewers will use Topgrading, so search for common interview questions and practice them. Make sure you are fluent and self-ware. Avoid creating false answers that are supposed to seem good.
- If You Were Fired From The Job, Don’t Hesitate To Say It: Make sure you don’t make pandemic a cause of your firing if that isn’t true. You must clearly say the reason why you were fired. If you mistakenly stole the records, if you failed to understand the company system or any other reason for firing, just speak up. Also, it would help if you convey how committed you are to doing better in your next job.
You will always find PALARINO PARTNERS with you with some more guidance and information on cracking the interviews in the best possible way. If you are looking for a more strategic role, we help Product managers get on board in a company where their knowledge and skills are valued and utilized. We can help them find a place where their true potential is tapped, and they can contribute tactically and strategically to the company’s success. Let us be your talent agent and help by making confidential introductions to top-tier CEO in your favorite brands.
PALARINO PARTNERS can help employers improve their hiring success with Topgrading. We have a proven hiring process that will surely help you transform your selection methodology to get better candidates onboard. Our leadership and candidate assessment techniques can be a game-changer for you. You can assess, hire, retain and grow with outstanding employees. Feel free to contact us!